Monday, February 13, 2012

17-day diet

So I don't want to sound like a stereotypical new mom, but the girl wrecked my body!  And in all fairness, I can't blame her.  It was my own fault for eating gallons of ice cream and not exercising like I should have while I was pregnant.  As soon as I got that BFP, I told myself, "You are going to exercise all the time and eat right!"  Ha!  I was so tired and nauseous in the first trimester that I could barely get up off the couch, let alone make healthy food or snacks.  All I ate the first trimester was crackers, sprite and turkey.  Gross, huh?  It's all that didn't make me sick.  The second trimester I wasn't sick and not as tired so you would think that I would start making healthy meals and exercising more.  Ha Ha!  Instead, I indulged in my cravings and laziness.  It sure was fun though!  The third trimester I was again too tired to really do anything except lay around and make my husband wait on me hand and foot.  Again, super fun, but ultimately disastrous!  In the end I gained about 50 pounds!  I looked like this the night I got pregnant...I'm the one in black.  It was my 30th birthday party!

And this is me a week before I had Janie.  The cute-ass kid is my Dario!

And this is me after I had Janie.
I mean, I get it.  She is totally worth it.  But Day-Um!  I was smokin hot before I got pregnant!  She is almost 8 months old now and it's just about damn time to get my ass into shape.  So this is the point of my blog today.  I am starting what is called the 17 day diet.  It sounds super cheesy and like a quick fix, but it's not.  It's basically a healthy eating plan divided into 17 day phases.  The first phase allows

  • Unlimited lean protein
  • Unlimited nonstarchy vegetables
  • 2 low-sugar fruits
  • 2 probiotics (low-fat yogurt)
  • 1-2 servings of friendly fats
  • Green tea
  • 64 ounces of water

  • 17 days starting today I should lose 10-15 pounds.  Most of which is going to be water.  I am still breastfeeding so I have to modify just a little.  Like, instead of green tea all the time, I will drink Mother's Milk Tea.  Also, I am slightly addicted to coffee.  I drink one cup in the morning and if I don't I get a tremendous headache.  So, I will be drinking black coffee in the morning.  I hope to post at least once a week to help keep me accountable and also to keep a journal of my journey.  I know what it is like to be on a weight loss journey.  I have lost 100 pounds in about a year and was in maintenance before I got pregnant.  I can do it again.  I just need a kick in the ass.  As far as exercise, I got a new xbox exercise game.  I have a kinect so it should be fun.  It's way too cold to exercise outside this week.  So I am starting at (drum roll) 215 lbs.  I seriously just puked a little in my mouth.  I am not going to weigh myself again until February 29th which is 17 days and the end of phase I.  Hopefully, I will be under 200.  That would be awesome!

    4 comments:

    1. Jumping on the blog bandwagon, are you? :) Best of luck with the diet, although everybody knows the best parts on a woman are the ones that jiggle.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Yeah, I had to start a blog last semester for a class and I never really posted. I have been inspired by you to post more! You're so inspirational. And again, I puked a little when writing that. Now your ego is going to be even more massive.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Adrian...we must be on the same wave length...I was thinking about starting a blog today about my weight loss journey to help keep me accountable, and even though now I will look like your copy cat, I don't mind, you're one hot cat!! You have been such an inspiration with how far you've come and I know you will be kick-ass again in no time!! If you ever want to swim at UIndy, I'll be there!! Usually mom is too! Love you!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Well, blog away! It's fun and makes you feel awesome when you get a new follower. I would fo sho follow your blog!

      ReplyDelete